Thursday, January 22, 2009

Patience

Lately I've been reading the story of Joseph in Genesis. Every time I read the story of a boy who is told by God that great things are in store and then so many apparent roadblocks come up it amazes me of how faithful he remains. I'm sure there were times when Joseph got discouraged, possibly while in the pit or prison, but overall his faith stayed strong. He remained patient believing that God would accomplish His plans even in the midst of hardships. Now I'm not comparing myself to Joseph, I didn't have some vision or anything like that but I do truly believe deep down that God has great things for my life.
These last couple weeks have been tough because an apparent roadblock has come along. Getting layed off from a job is never easy and especially when you didn't see it coming but I have to trust that God's plan included this and He will make me better for it. Patience isn't one of my strongest traits but God is trying to teach me to be patient. So many times in life things don't work out the way we'd like but we have to trust in the plan of God. The apparent roadblocks that come up in our lives don't surprise Him and I truly believe are ways for God to sharpen us. I appreciate your continued prayer for Amanda & I in this time and I encourage you that no matter what comes up in your life to continue to trust in God's plan and be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment