Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Opportunities

You know it is a tricky thing when you're a "professional" Christian. When I worked for an auto insurance company I got to be around a lot of people that weren't Christians, when I worked for the cell phone company I was around a lot of people that weren't Christians, when I worked on staff at a church I WASN'T around a lot of people that aren't Christians, and now while I'm working in retail sales I'm once again around people that need to know what a relationship with Jesus is all about. It is crazy that when you are a "professional" Christian you seem to be involved in missions more. One of the things I tried to do my last few months when I was on staff at a church was put myself into places where I'll be around non-Christians. One of the main things I did was join a public basketball league in the town where I live. When you are a pastor you have to make a concerted effort to put yourself into situations where you'll meet non-Christians and be available to what God might do. If we expect for God to do something in this world we can't just sit around and hope God will bring them into our church doors. My challenge to all pastors and to myself when I go back on staff at a church is to put myself into situations where God can use me to show people His love and grace.

1 comment:

  1. Amen, brother. We have to be intentional about evangelism!

    ReplyDelete